History of the Church
Valley Bible Church began on Sunday, February 4, 1983. It was started through the efforts of Ron and Wanda Thompson serving with Biblical Ministries Worldwide as church planters. The first services were held in Enoch Elementary School, with 11 people present. The current property was purchased in the fall of 1983, with additions constructed in 1985, 1990, and 2005. Ten years after Ron started the church, Tom Jeffcott came in 1993 to be the pastor, and he continues to serve as the current pastor.
From the first service, V.B.C. has been committed to the systematic teaching and preaching of the Word of God for the express purpose of reaching the unsaved with the simple but profound truth of the Gospel, and building up believers in the Faith.
We believe that the local church is to be a place of spiritual refreshment, challenge and encouragement. It is to this end that we labor, “Holding forth the Word of Life,” (Phil. 2:16) to the community in which we are privileged to live.
In 1948 a group of pastors with a burden for reaching the unevangelized areas of our country met and organized what is now known as “Biblical Ministries Worldwide”. From that small beginning, the mission has grown to over 400 missionaries serving in 28 countries.
The missionary work of BMW began in Utah in 1952 when the first the first couple, Ira and Eleanor Ransom, came to Brigham City to start Brigham City Bible Church. BMW now has 36 church planting missionaries in Utah and Idaho and 24 churches have been started.
Because Utah has such a rapid growth rate with so many new communities springing up, there are still areas with no Gospel (1 Cor. 15:3-4) preaching and Bible teaching churches. It is the mission’s goal to start churches in these communities.
More About Our Church