What makes the Bible different from all the other religious literature throughout history? Join us on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. to find out through a new series entitled “More than a Book.” This is an in depth study into the origin and character of the Bible.
Here are some of the questions that will be answered in this series:
- Where did the Bible come from?
- Who decided what books should be in the Bible?
- Are there errors in the Bible?
- How trustworthy are the ancient Greek and Hebrew manuscripts?
- Does it matter what English Bible I read?
The following is an outline of this series and our current progress:
- How Does God Reveal Himself? (Revelation, Inspiration, and Illumination)
- Who Decided What Books Are in the Bible? (Canonization and the Apocrypha)
- How Reliable are the Biblical Manuscripts? (Reliability of Ancient Hebrew and Greek Manuscripts)
- Are There Errors in the Bible? (Inerrancy and Infallibility)
- Does Is It Matter What English Bible I Read? (History of the English Bible)
- Is the Bible All We Need? (Authority and Sufficiency of Scripture)…Part 1, October 10